Friday 12 January 2024

Painting Update - Gurkhas and Sikhs

Quick update regarding the painting desk for January...

Productive month so far with 3 units finished and multiple more on the way. I've got some British Royal Fusiliers that are being added to a previous unit (as they needed more friends!). I'll show these off at a later point. 

Anyway without anymore delay some pictures and details regarding the new units.

Firstly a small unit of Gurkhas being used as "Native Skirmishers" for Sharp Practice. The initial plan was to paint a two groups of 8, but I felt I'd rather have these as a smaller "elite" unit with Rifles. Officer model is from the Foundry Afghan war range, so the uniform may not be 100% accurate, but was absolutely full of character. The good thing about the Mutiny is you can use a fair bit of artistic license.


Next up a unit of Sikhs of the Regiment of Ferozepore, which have definitely ended up being one my favorite units to paint so far. Again not sure of the accurate headdress/turban color, but settled with grey as I've seen this in plenty of artworks of the period. These really came together very quickly and performed rather admirably in the upcoming battle report.

Stay tuned for the upcoming continuation to my campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment