Tuesday 16 April 2024

Painting Update - Badmashes and Naval Brigade

I have finally got the hobby itch back after a month of little to no progress. But seems I'm full speed ahead now. Although the previous goal of March has passed, sometimes the inspiration dwindles (especially with a big project)

First up another group of Badmashes for my Mutineers. These were great fun and have loads of character, will likely be getting some more done in future. Just need to finish off the Force commander and the Mutineers are technically done as per my previous Mutiny post. 


Then Pearls Naval Brigade complete with an Artillery section. I've got a mounted Officer to join these chaps which just needs finishing up. I really struggled with the faces on some of these, particularly the sculpts  "ready to present". Took a lot of redoing the eyes, but they will do. Some of the rougher sculpts Foundry does but I'm happy how they came out.

Lieutenant Henry Marsden commands the Naval Brigade with old Furman Blakely in charge of the guns, a veteran of the Crimean War.



As I'm out of country at the moment battle reports for the blog have stopped, but I will be looking to resume these around June/July, so plenty of time for more painted units to appear. I have a lot of new terrain showing up so am really keen to get these going again!

Currently working on some 13th Somerset Light Infantry, so a nice change from Red uniforms. Will post these when completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment