Been a bit low on the old hobby morale, but its slowly coming back around with the onset of summer coming to a close.
With that said, I've still been chipping away at completing my Russians for Shakos & Bayonets and got another game in down the club. Next on the completed list is a unit of Russian Carabiners for my largely Jaeger based force. As the rest of the force, these have a campaign look so a mixture of Greatcoats and Forage caps. Very pleased how they came out, and they performed admirably in my latest game.
This is my full project list for the army, with just a unit of Guard Jaegers left to complete, as the Opolchenie I had have been re-based to fit the new army. 750pts exactly for smaller/larger games.
Once the Guard are completed this is Russians 100% done, I need to get the hobby inspiration set on something else. I do still have plans to complete a French force for solo games, but this is likely next year now.
In other exciting news, I've got some commissioned terrain on the way from TwoShedsFred who I've used in the past for ACW/Indian Mutiny terrain which you've seen on this blog. I feel my 1812 boards have been lacking and really wanted some pieces to elevate the games, so expect to see them soon!
Heres the pictures from the latest game we had down the club. Only snapped a few but we played capture and hold and it was a back and forth game with my Russians luckily holding the field at the end of the day (at the cost of some terrible generalship on my part).
I'll still also be chipping way at my Silver Bayonet in the meantime to get the next mission on the go also soon!


No comments:
Post a Comment